jqDock is a jQuery plugin that transforms images into a Mac-like Dock menu, with icons that expand on rollover!
The plugin works with images, or images within anchors, and has a number of configuration options which provide :
- Horizontal or vertical alignment
- Image expansion out from an edge or a mid-point
- Positioned labels
- Different small and large images
- Menu fade-in
- Size and sensitivity adjustment
- Initial expansion and instant ‘freezing’
- Inactivity timeouts and ‘wake up’ calls
There are also a number of callback hooks and custom events that can be used to control how the Dock operates, and create some interesting effects.
Full documentation is available (see sub-pages), and there are 50+ examples available to help you get started. I’ve cherry-picked half a dozen here : no options , 2 menus , labelled images , switch images , slide in-out , multiple navigation
NB : There’s also a WordPress plugin : jqDock Post Thumbs by Shaun Scovil.